Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands!
- Flaky Layers refrigerated original or buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef,
- cooked or 16 frozen (thawed) cooked meatballs
- 1 block (8 oz) Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 16 slices bacon Long toothpicks or skewers Canola oil for frying
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half; press with hands into circle about 3 inches in diameter.
- In center of each biscuit round, place 2 tablespoons cooked ground beef (or 1 meatball) and 1 cube of cheese. Wrap dough to completely enclose beef and cheese; pinch seams to seal.
- For the Fried Version: Wrap each stuffed “bomb” with 1 bacon slice; gently secure loose bacon with toothpick by inserting it through bacon and halfway into “bomb.” In 3-quart heavy saucepan or deep fryer, heat oil to 350°F. Fry stuffed “bombs” 4 to 5 minutes or until dough is golden brown on all sides. Place on paper towels to cool. Repeat with remaining "bombs". Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
- For the Baked Version: Heat oven to 400°F. Place bacon on foil-lined cookie sheet with sides. Bake about 8 minutes to partially cook bacon. Wrap each stuffed “bomb” with 1 slice partially cooked bacon slice. Place bacon wrapped dough 2-inches apart on two foil-lined cookie sheets with dough seam side down. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.