Peach Cake





This is a recipe that my mother gave me several years ago, and we enjoy it often. This cake is so good!! I bought some peaches that were too tart for my taste but I didn't want to throw them out so I started looking for a recipe to use them for baking. I wanted to find one that called for ingredients I had on hand. I'm so glad I decided on this recipe.

Peach Cake

Ingredients:
  • 3 egg, beaten
  • 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil, flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, peaches and pecans. Mix thoroughly by hand.
  3. Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 minutes or until done.

2 Responses to "Peach Cake"

  1. This looks so easy and delicious. Can't wait til peaches are back in season so I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of icing did you use? Is that just a basic glaze?

    ReplyDelete