Chicken Divan Casserole with Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese





This dish was VERY EASY to put together and my family LOVED it. My daughters said their favorite part was the bread and parm cheese topping and next time they want me to put more on top. I'm a big cheese lover so I added more sharp cheddar in with the soup mixture and it was deliciously cheesy. My wife told me I definately need to keep this recipe handy to make again and again.

Chicken Divan

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients:
  • 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped
  • 6 cups shredded chicken, cooked
  • 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove the outer wrappers from the boxes of broccoli. Open 1 end of each box. Microwave on full power for 2 minutes, until thawed. Drain the broccoli and put into a casserole dish. Add the shredded chicken.

In a medium bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, Cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper, to taste, and wine. Whisk together to make a sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and chicken. Mix well with a spatula.

Place the mixture into an 11 by 7-inch casserole dish or 2 (9-inch) square disposable aluminum foil pans that have been sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pat down evenly and smooth with a spatula. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle over the top.

Bake for about 30 to 45 minutes.

2 Responses to "Chicken Divan Casserole with Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese"

  1. About to stick this bad boy in the oven. Since I love a little kick in my food I added some chili pepper flakes. Oh also since I didn't have canned cream of mushroom soup, but I have tons of wine (go figure), I used Alton Browns cream of mushroom recipe. Looks great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to check out this recipe. This is similar to my recipe except I use cream of broccoli soup instead of mushroom and dried dill in place of the curry. I no longer bake the broccoli in the oven with the mixture because I prefer it steamed. Next time I make this ....actually today since I planned this dish a few days ago.... I will add parmaesan. I serve it over rice. I also think the soup mixture would make a nice vegie dip...maybe blend in cream cheese to make it a bit thicker.

    ReplyDelete